This is an advertisement

Call Us Today: (855) 976-9228 Current wait seconds

We are trial attorneys

Who get results

Request A Free Consultation

How will I know if I passed my background check?

By on August 6, 2019

Under FCRA rules, employers are legally obligated to follow some steps before disqualifying a person from a job opportunity because of information acquired from background checks. First and foremost, employers must let unsuccessful applicants know they haven’t passed their background check by issuing a formal letter (pre-adverse action letter). They also need to surrender a copy of the background check report and a copy of an applicant’s rights. If the employer is based in California, they must issue a state statement of consumer rights. 

You have 3 to 5 business days to dispute and/or resolve negative information contained in your background check report. Pre-adverse action letters must contain, CRA details (name, phone number, and address) so that applicants can get dispute and/resolve negative information fast and easily. If the 3 to 5 days deadline passes without initiating a dispute process, you are no longer considered for employment. An adverse action letter is issued to conclude the process. 

  • Request a Free Consultation

    • I understand and agree that by clicking "Submit" and transmitting information to CROSNER LEGAL, P.C. I am agreeing to Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Attorney Advertising Policy. I also understand and agree that I am not forming an attorney-client relationship with CROSNER LEGAL, P.C. and CROSNER LEGAL, P.C. will have no duty to keep confidential the information I am now transmitting to CROSNER LEGAL, P.C. by clicking "Submit."

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • What Are You Looking For?

    Advanced Search

    Comment on this post: