Blake R. Jones (Of Counsel)
Blake has been practicing law for nearly 20 years, focusing exclusively on employment law for approximately the past 14 years. Blake started his practice at Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps as a summer associate in 1999. After approximately 4 years, he left to assist with opening the San Diego office of Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, where he became a Principal and began building his employment practice, primarily representing health care entities.
For the past 8 years, Blake has been a Partner in the employment department of Gordon & Rees’ San Diego office. During that time, he successfully defended hundreds of employment cases consisting of wage and hour class actions and/or PAGA, as well as single plaintiff FEHA cases. As a partner at Gordon & Rees, Blake oversaw a heavy caseload, managing numerous associates, senior counsel and paralegals. As a result, Blake has extensive experience and great relationships with most of the seasoned employment law/wage and hour mediators, as well as extensive knowledge of the California employment law insurance carriers, their claims representatives, and how they operate. Coming from the defense side, Blake adds unique and valuable experience to our team.
- Luce, Forward Hamilton & Scripps, LLP (Associate)
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C (Principal)
- Gordon, Rees, Scully, Mansukhani (Partner)
- Tulane Law School, J.D., Magna Cum Laude (May 2000)
- - Moot Court Board; Civil Law Clinic
- University of Missouri, B.A., Psychology (May 1996)
- - Academic Honors; Nat’l Psych. Hon. Soc’y